Volunteers are the life-blood of any event. If you are interested in volunteering for the Queen City Century, follow the links to register. You can ride AND volunteer for some positions, such as registration. Volunteering is easy and fun--and it really helps. The Queen City Century is not only an excellent bicycle event that brings people from all over the quad-state area to Springfield, but it also raises funds for the Missouri Bicycle & Pedestrian Federation's statewide advocacy work to help create more, better, and safer places to bicycle and walk, and more trails across the state.
- Sweep vehicles follow the last rider, making sure the locations of the last riders on the road is known.
Lead vehicles stick to the front of the ride, driving ahead of the riders throughout the day
SAG vehicles may also be used to pick-up/deliver supplies to SAG stops as needed and help set-up/breakdown SAG stops
Roving SAG patrols the course at various intervals, pick up stranded riders, provide pumps, tubes, etc. to those who experience breakdowns, etc.
- Set-Up/Breakdown SAG stops
Prep and put out snacks/water for SAG stop
Call SAG drivers if riders at stop need support
Notify staff if supplies are running low and delivery is needed
- Take pictures and video of the event start, route, finish, after-party, or any part of the event!
- Registration Assistance
- Route Marking (As Needed)
- SAG Stop Supply Delivery (If Needed)
- Other Options TBA