The century route features four rest stops where you can rest, relax, and enjoy snacks, drinks, and restrooms. It also includes two water stops, with water and limited snacks available. The routes make double-use of most SAG stops, so that we have SAG stops every 8-16 miles along the entire course.
Note that most stops are fully stocked SAGs with volunteers, plenty of food, water, Gatorade powder, and restrooms. A few stops–marked on your maps a “Water Stops”–are more basic with water, a few snacks on hand, and no restrooms available. Check your map for details.
We will have roving SAG drivers on the course at all times. If you have mechanical trouble or need a pick-up for any reason, just call.
Whether you enjoy a short flat, ride or long road ride on beautiful country roads, Queen City Century has it for you! Many thanks to local riders who have spent many hours evaluating potential QCC routes and giving feedback and suggestions.
To get the routes on your RideWithGPS app:
– Visit the RWGPS event page here
– Click the “RSVP” link to sign up for the event on RideWithGPS
– Now you can find the event in the RideWithGPS app under “More” and “My Events”
– In the RideWithGPS app, tap the route you are planning to ride and “Save” (this saves the route to your phone so you can ride even if you have no data connection)
– When you havigate the route, you will hear voice navigation directions at turns, upcoming Rest Stops, etc (note this may require some setup in your app – in Settings make sure all audio & spoken alerts, chimes, etc are enabled – and make sure your phone’s VOLUME is set high enough to hear them)
– SUGGESTION: Once you start the ride, turn you phone to “Airplane Mode”. This saves battery and should allow most phones to ride all day with navigation, without running down the battery.
– SUGGESTION: Bring a battery backup/charger just in case.